Friday, September 9, 2011

A Photo


This photo explains a lot. First of all, why I will likely not survive if someone breaks into my house to kill me. This shelf tore itself off my wall and clattered to the floor one night when I was sleeping. It used to support a glass vase full of stones, one full of wooden cherries, and wooden block letters reading 'love'. The vase with the stones shattered, sending bits of broken glass and stone everywhere. I semi-woke up to the clatter, and thought how sad it was that someone outside must have dropped something. It sounded expensive. Oops. And I went back to sleep.  It also is a strange fortuitous metaphor for my life right now. Quite frankly it's been one hell of a week. Excuse my language.  My 'LOVE' shelf fell off my wall, broke everywhere and I didn't have the energy to clean up all the pieces for two more days. So it just sat right where you see it. This was one of three shelves on my wall, and ironically the one that was the most secured into the wall, the one I thought was least likely to fall off. I quite enjoy redecorating. I do it often. I was not particularly attached to these shelves anymore and had actually been loosely looking for something to replace them with for quite some time. This did not stop me from sobbing as I vacuumed up the pieces. I have an inkling the tears weren't for the physical shelf and broken glass.  Luckily today I had lunch with a best friend and part-time therapist (as all best friends are). We had an amazing time sitting outside at the restaurant and just catching up. Then we ventured to IKEA. Good times ensued and I came out of the store (among other things) with these:


They're clean, they're neat, they're simple, I quite like them.
And as for my live laugh love blocks, they ended up here with my other favorite:

2 comments:

Scott and Heidi said...

VERY cute! I am glad you had a great first time in IKEA!!!

Mindy said...

My favorite part is, "How sad it was that someone outside must have dropped something. It sounded expensive." Bahaha! :) I laughed out loud. P.s. You would miss Claire if you knew her. She is adorable!