Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Today's Rant

Ok, here's the thing. What the eff is going on in the world?!  Ryan Dunn drinks and drives with buddies and tragedy ensues? Shocking. Not really. This happens every day. Tragic? Absolutely. Surprising? No. You make mistakes, you do stupid things and bad things happen. Let's just say that it's a good thing that innocent people weren't killed as well. Because that is true tragedy. And I see it every day. There is nothing worse than explaining to parents, children, loved ones of innocent people who have been killed and/or maimed because of others' decisions to drink and drive.  It is sad to loose a single life to bad decisions, no matter who's life it is.  I'm by no means perfect. I make bad decisions, I do things I know I shouldn't. So let's let this servo as a reminder to society to be a little smarter, and make RESPONSIBLE decisions. It's a novel concept in our society, I know. Actually having to pay the consequences of your actions? It's crazy I know. But the fact is that we are free to make whatever decisions we may. We are not free however to choose the consequences that go with those decisions. It's a package deal.

Also, Amy Winehouse? You mean rehab for a week didn't work?  Weird. Terribly sad. I'm very fortunate that I have people around me that support positive decisions and expect excellent things from me. That expect me to be a positive responsible member of society. I wish those involved in these stories --and in the ones like them across the country that don't get splayed all over the news-- health, healing, and better decision making and coping skills in the future. And that is my soap box for the day.

No comments: