Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Back to School, Back to School...

Today as I was lounging on my couch I came to the sudden realization that I am going to school tomorrow. Clarification, I realized that I was starting classes tomorrow. I had yet to realize until that moment however, that I was going back to school. As in clothes shopping-supply stocking-backpack packing-lay out your outfit for the next day before you go to sleep- back to school. Remember how you'd have all your new school clothes that you weren't allowed to wear until school started, so you'd organize them in your closet according to the order you were going to wear them in? You had everything planned for weeks in advance.

My how times have changed. I realized in my couch-lounging epiphany that I don't even own a backpack. Or a single sheet of paper, let alone a notebook. I have several pens, but they're for work.  So today, just more then 12 hours before my first class starts I made a trip to Target. I had to get a notebook and a pack of pens, and just for good measure I got a new jump drive. For a backpack I think I'll just use my laptop case since each desk/station is laptop equipped with all the plug-ins. Like I said, my how times have changed. Gone are the days of pencil boxes and lunch boxes with a matching thermos. On second thought, maybe I'll pick up a pencil box and lunch box after all. And some new crayons.

3 comments:

mandi said...

i'm not going back to school, but I have a smurfs lunch pail. you should get one, then we would have matching lunch pales.

Jenny said...

I have a cool lunch box too! And you can never go wrong with new school crayons.

BTW, what are you going back to school in? It is different the second time around, at least for me. Heck, half of the time I ran up to class and had to bum something to write with and on from a classmate!

meg fee said...

how did it go?! how was that first day?!