Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Old Age

My short term memory is not what it once was. I went in to my hair appointment today and left my cellphone in the car. I realized this as I was already changed into my robe and waiting for my stylist. I figured the bliss of hair day would get me through the anxiety over not having it. I was correct. But when I was done I could not wait to rush to my phone and see that no one had called/messaged/emailed. Why are we so attached to these things anyways? It was only an hour, good grief. But i am. Terribly. I admit it.

But then later, I was halfway to work when I went to reach for my phone in my purse and realized I had left it plugged into the charger at home. Not enough time to go back and still be on time. It'll be good for me I thought, to survive an entire night at work without my phone (read: calculator, translator, and break time entertainment). It gets worse though, I got to work and realized that I also left my watch at home!!!!! This is for sure not ok! My goodness, I'm getting old. My short term memory definitely isn't what it once was! :)

In other news ...after I got my hair done today I went to get my official WA drivers license. The driver's licencing office was a special experience...

2 comments:

Kaylia Payne said...

Hahaha oh dear I know exactly what you mean! Sounds like a frustrating day :(

Jenny said...

Just wait until you hit 30!!!