Wednesday, April 9, 2008

You can't make this stuff up...



So there I was... (that's how all good stories start) I got home from work this morning, ran down to the market to get a couple presents for old roommates for when I travel home this weekend. I came home and thought I'd check to see if my accountant had mailed me my tax stuff yet. So I changed into my pj's, traded my contacts for my glasses --this was my first mistake :). So I head down to the elevator were I wait patiently for what I swear is the slowest elevator in the world. The bell dings, the door opens, a large dog runs out of the elevator into my hand that was holding the keys, and I watched in utter disbelief as my keys dropped down the elevator shaft. Seriously. Then in horror I looked up into the very pretty blue eyes of the very attractive man who owned the dog who caused the keys to go plummeting to the depths below. Both of us stared down the inch wide gap that my rather large assortment of keys and key chains had managed to slip through. I think my exact words were, "Oohh, this is very not good!" Intelligent right?! Let's remember that I'm in my jammies. We ran down the stairs, and after not seeing my keys miraculously at the ground floor of my apartment complex (and profusely apologizing) the attractive man left with his stupid dog.

To make matters even more comical, I still have to go back to work tonight, and I am leaving right from work to go the airport to leave to come home. And the keys to my car and to my apartment and to the apartment building and my mailbox etc were all on the ring that is lost in the unknown levels of elevator cables and concrete. And it's a state law that building maintenance workers can't interfere with the elevators, so the cute maintenance guy had to call the elevator company, who said that they'll add it to the list of calls they are going out on, and that if we don't hear from them today that it wouldn't be until tomorrow. Which is fine, but I won't be here tomorrow. Oh, and the spare key to my car is at my parents house in Logan, UT. You're seeing the humor right? :) And let's remember that I'm still in my pajamas!

I'm sure it will all be fine, it's not like it's a big deal to take a cab to work and a cab from work to the airport, I just found the whole situation rather funny and thought you all might enjoy a good laugh! Now I should really try to sleep for an hour or so before I have to go to work. But my recommendation for the day: Stairs. They're healthier, and should you happen to drop your keys for whatever reason, all you have to do is follow down the stairs and pick them up.




2 comments:

Kristy said...

I can't believe how calm you are. I would be freaking out!!! I love that you were in your pajamas that is my most favorite part of the story. You are a very good story teller! See you soon:)Oh, I'll call tomorrow with the address.

jill said...

This would happen to one of us!!!