Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A little piece of Heaven...

Ah the salon! Seriously, getting my hair done is one of my favorite pastimes! I love the smell, I love the sounds, I love sitting in a chair for three hours and having someone rub my head and play with my hair. (Someday when I 'm rich, I'm going to hire someone to come wash and style my hair every day!) And I love walking out of the salon feeling like my head is 15 pounds lighter (I have a lot of very thick hair that has to be thinned extensively if I want it to be any form of manageable, so we take out a lot of hair) And I love how shiny and smooth it is! It doesn't matter that I have every product they sell in the salon, and the same flat iron, and various flat and round brushes, and use it all the same as they do, it is never quite the same as when you're leaving the salon. The only thing I don't have is the $300 blow dryer. I'm convinced that would make all the difference! To be right honest, I'm surprised I haven't caved and bought it yet. I got a $100 one that was supposed to be the same, but it's not. It's still really nice, and my hair is shiny and smooth, and it's ionizing and tourmaline-conditioning and all that jazz, but it didn't cost $300, therefore it's not quite the same. I think I have a sickness!


No matter how many products I have, there always seems to be a new one for me to get every six weeks when I go in. This time it was my own bottle of personalized conditioner. My stylist mixed it specifically for my chemically processed-dry-naturally wavy hair. And she mixed the color that we dyed my hair in with it, so I can keep the red for longer --anyone who's ever tried to keep red in their hair will appreciate this. And I got to pick the scent and everything! It was one of the greatest experiences of my life :) All in all it was a good day at the salon. Some of you will appreciate the story more than others, but I felt a need to share my day in heaven with all of you!


Oh, and I had a good time trying to take pictures of myself and my new hair ...




The one on the left I look scared for some unknown reason, and the one on the right I look stoned with an abnormally large forehead, but these are the ones that turned out the best :)

4 comments:

Natelli Johnston said...

Hey Toni! long time no see. You look beautiful, love the hair. Blogging is so sun isn't it, I find new people everday. well I will be checking your blog every once in while. Glad I found you!

Mindy said...

You nerd! I think you look great in BOTH of those photos! P.s. I need thicker hair, so save what they cut off yours next time so I can glue it to mine!! :)

Kandyce said...

Hey Toni, Long time no see I think the last time I saw you was in High School. YOu look absolutley beautiful but then again you always did.

jill said...

you are insane. that's why we keep you around.