Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Spring in Seattle

Spring has always been one of my favorite times of year. Usually because it means that it is finally getting warm! My definition of warm has changed over my first winter outside Logan, but I still love spring! Spring here in Seattle is interesting! There are Cherry Blossoms everywhere you look --so pretty! Then the other day when I left to work it was raining --not unusual. But as I drove the 20 minutes, it turned into a giant lightning storm --one of y favorite things ever. Then as I was getting into work the hail started --lots and lots of huge hail. Then it just stopped. All of it, all together. It was instantly back to being just plain old overcast.



So I was driving home from work today, and I was mystified by the sky. It was a really pretty color --I couldn't figure out what was wrong. It took me a long time to realize that the sky looked so weird because it was blue --there were no clouds! The strange color was due to the sun coming up without any clouds! Yay! Spring must be on it's way! I was so excited that I had to pull off the side of the road and take a picture... then I had to take more from the roof when I got home.
I forgot how pretty the sky is without any clouds in it! I can't remember the last time I saw it like this :) Yay for spring!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

What fun spring is. I can't believe that you get to experiance it in such an amazing place. I love that you have a blog.

Jamie said...

Have you ever been to La Conner? Its about an hour and a half out of Seattle.. I would tell you which way.. but I wouldn't know. haha. Anyways, they have a tulip festival up there. My last trip to Seattle we went to see the daffodil fields. Amazing. Bright HUGE fields of daffodils. I'm sure the tulips are up now.. its a fun place to see if you haven't been up there.