Thursday, October 25, 2012

On Being Healthy


First, a few discoveries I've made in my quest to eat clean natural healthy foods. You have to do dishes a lot more often. Your garbage stinks a lot more. Fresh foods go bad, I suppose this is a good thing. And most importantly, you just FEEL good! In every possible way. My skin is soft, my complexion is clear, my hair is radiant, my lips are luscious and don't need chapstick, my belly is happy, etc.  Today I came across this little board on Pinterest, and thought it fit well with the Weekly Wellness challenge.


I Vow To...

  • Remember that the sun will still rise tomorrow even if I had one too many slices of pizza or an extra scoop of ice cream tonight
  • Never blame my body for the bad day I'm having
  • Stop joining in when my friends compare and trash their own bodies
  • Never allow a dirty look from someone else to influence how I feel about my appearance
  • Notice all the amazing things my body is doing for me every moment I walk, talk, think, breathe...
  • Quiet that negative little voice in my head when it starts to say mean things about my body that I'd never tolerate anyone else saying about me
  • Remember that even the girl who I'd swap bodies with in a minute has something about her looks that she hates
  • Respect my body by feeding it well, working up a sweat, and knowing when to give it a break
  • Know that I'm already beautiful just the way I am
  • Not let my size define me. It's far better for focus on how awesome I look in my jeans than the number on the tag
  • Surround myself with positive people
  • Accept the changes that my body is going through. I will rock what I've got
  • Remember that sometimes I will have down moments. And in those times I will remind myself of how awesome I am by looking in the mirror and saying, "I'm good! I can do this!"
  • Accept that beauty isn't just about my looks. It's my awesome personality and my energy that creates a whole unique package
Go forth and be healthy my friends! Love yourselves, and be kind!!

3 comments:

mandi said...

AMEN and YAY for being Healthy!!!

jill said...

i like that little mantra list. much better than a lot of the "fitness motivation" I see on pinterest! I want you to share some recipes/ideas of what you have been making!

Jenny said...

This is excellent!!!