Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Early to bed....

How's everyone's week two challenge going? Everyone settling into a nighttime routine and getting plenty of rest?  I have just a couple tidbits I wanted to share after the first few days. First, one thing I've also discovered is that I don't need to force myself to sleep for 8-10 hours. And when I do force myself to stay in bed that long with the thought that I have to be responsible for saving lives all night long, I wake up more groggy with much less energy than if I would have allowed myself to get out of bed two hours ago when I first naturally woke up.  Also... and this one relates to my food and mental health issues as well. I'm trying to stay upright more. My college roommates and others who know me well are giggling now because we always laughed at how much we loved to just be horizontal.  But I'm realizing that I'm in a much better state of mind and again have more energy (and less heartburn) when I sit on the couch except for the hour before I go to bed. And sitting up while/after eating?  Genius!! Lol, it probably sounds silly, but I'm still in an true confession state of mind.

P.S. Things I'm grateful for today: neti-pots, and blenders.  Also, I'm reading the most fabulous book right now. I was belly-laughing so hard last night that I was crying. I'd have to stop after every sentence because I couldn't see through the laughter-tears. Look forward to a summary when I finish :)

No comments: