Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Season

I know that my Redeemer lives. The words to one of my most favorite hymns. I love taking a moment on these special type holidays that tend to become so commercialized and secular and just remember the true meaning. I'm not saying I don't love the easter bunny and pin-wheels and bubbles (my favorite easter basket prizes when I was little). Actually, I still have parts to a medical kit I got for easter from my Grandma and Grandpa when I was little ...I've always known I wanted to be a nurse, but this little stethoscope and reflex hammer kit kind of cemented it for me :)

But on this special day I just wanted to make a note that I'm also especially grateful for the knowledge I have of a Savior who loves me at all times and through all the bumps in my road. The Savior who's rising from the dead we commemorate today. Easter to me is also a symbol of all things coming new again, and a sure sign of spring. I'll leave you with a few pictures from the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival that I went to the other day.



For some reason I kind of fell in love with this particular white tulip. In a 17 acre field full of rows and rows and rows of every color, this one was the only one growing away all on it's own.

4 comments:

jill said...

Beautiful pictures! Happy Easter!

Melissa M said...

wow! I love tulips! So pretty!! I'm jealous! Miss ya!

meg fee said...

oh yes, the lone tulip--lovely! such a lovely, meaningful post.

Kaylia Payne said...

Beautiful flowers!