Monday, April 11, 2011

An Early Glimpse?

Is it possible that it's really starting to be spring?! It's amazing what a little blue sky and sunshine can do to brighten a girls life. It's that time of year. When I am the most frustrated with the dreary grey sky and constant rain and ready to throw in the towel and migrate south. And as happens so often in life, right at your breaking point there is a release. Today that release came in the form of a day off filled with blue skies, sunshine, white puffy clouds, green grass, blue lakes, sailboats, baseball, cotton candy, blossoms on trees, and the beginnings of green coloring the ivy that hangs on bridges and overpasses. It's the time of year when I again become enchanted with this land of wonders that I live in. When I'm reminded of why exactly it is that I chose to make Seattle my home. When it's sunny here there is truly no place prettier. And spring is indeed coming! I can feel it, and I'm so excited!!! I'm even planning an outing to the tulip festival. I missed the daffodil festival, but I'm so excited that 3 of my favorite signs of spring are back!


1 comment:

Kaylia Payne said...

It all sounds beautiful!! I love your descriptions :)

We are heading into winter here, I am NOT impressed!!