Thursday, December 18, 2008

Words are eaten... ate... whatever, winter sucks!

Ok, so I woke up all excited to go grocery shopping today, and go get Christmas decorations, and there was an actual measurable amount of snow on the ground! And I am very sad to admit that I am snowed in. There is no more than two inches on the ground, and I, Toni, from Logan UT who has driven 90mph across I80 in a total and complete white out past countless jack-knifed-ran-off-the-road semi trucks because we didn't want to miss the tip-off in Reno, am rendered without a car because of two measly inches of wet snow. Sad, I know. The thing is, I literally cannot get past all the cars who attempted to do drive down the hill on the way out of my parking lot. So I'm here with some string cheese and frosted mini-wheats --the only food left in my entire house, and nothing to do! I had to re-think the snow angel idea when I realized there was not an adequate patch of flat land --ie should be grass, because everything here is landscaped. And I could make a mini snow man in the bushes, but snow is cold!! Plan aborted. So I took pics instead :) Enjoy, and happy holidays everyone! Maybe I'll break down and have to order some icky non-ny pizza ...I miss ny --They deliver actual groceries to my house!


View from the porch at my front door --the creepy-at-nighttime forest I was telling you about


Brr

3 comments:

jill said...

toni toni toni...come on girl!!! jk I actually snowed myself in the other day I decided I had paid my dues and no longer should have to drive in bad weather.

BH said...

I can't believe how much snow you have up there! Too bad you were trapped in. You could have shown all the folks up there how awesome you are at driving in the snow!

Jenny said...

He he he! I saw on the news the fiasco the snow was causing and while I do feel slightly bad about people being stuck, I mostly laughed! Oh well, Utah's getting it's own payback with the snow. Hope you have a Merry Christmas!