Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Seattle Round II

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas ...well, ok, not at all. But it did snow like half an inch here the other day. It was the coolest thing! It was warm enough on all the roads and sidewalks that it literally looked like it only snowed on the grass. And, the cars, but that doesn't really count. I was so excited! Weird for me, I know, but all I wanted to do was go outside and make snow angels and snow men! They would have been VERY tiny snow men, but I was so excited that I couldn't go to sleep. It didn't start snowing until around 3am, and I didn't realize that it had snowed until I went to bed around four. I didn't end up going outside because a) it was freezing and b) outside my house is kinda scary by yourself at night. My apt is great, and the view outside my front door is cute and woodsy and forest-y with lots of squirrels which I love, but when it's dark it's scary, and I'm sure all kinds of monsters live there. So I stayed in bed too excited to sleep. What I should have done is gone outside and taken pictures because the "massive" storm was all melted away by the next evening when I ventured out with my camera. People here are so funny! Granted I grew up in Satan's freezer in Logan where it snows feet at a time and the high for the day is single digits above zero if we're lucky. But people prepare for snow well there. Half and inch of snow is dramatic here because people don't know how to drive in it. It's like UT the first time it snows and freezes and everyone forgets how to drive. The difference is the first time it snows in UT there is a foot of it on the ground on top of an inch of black ice. But, it's over. We're supposed to get another storm tonight, so perhaps I'll be able to get you some snow pics tomorrow :) I did manage to upload pics of the new place and the trip up with my dad though, so here ya go.


Dad and me at the park by Pike Place


Dad at the park by my house on Lake Washington


and me

and dad and me

Entrance to my new apt

My favorite sign by the entrance to my apt. It makes me giggle every time I come home. I have yet to actually see any ducks not in the Lake though ...maybe when it's warmer :)

2 comments:

The Porter's said...

I can't imagine what drivers are like there because here in Boise where it snows a little (but a lot more than Seattle) people are horrible drivers.

Are you going home for Christmas?

Unknown said...

Nah... I didn't want to afford a plane ticket home when I was just home for 2 weeks for thanksgiving ...so as mch as I'll miss ya'll, I'm gonna try to hols out till the first of feb.sagna