Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Oh What A Night!!

My toes were painted, my legs were shaved. I was in a fun flirty dress.  My hair was sleek, shiny, and curled to perfection. My lips were a luscious red --my new fave from NARS-- And I was all set. Tonight I took myself out for a lil' night on the town. One of the few remaining things on my list of things I needed to do while in NY was to see Jersey Boys on Broadway. Really it's tragic that I hadn't. I left my car with the valet and headed to the 5th Ave Theater. I was sitting in a lounge on a mezzanine and people watching until it was time to go in. Seattle. Oh Seattle I am so disappointed. This is Broadway. Do not wear your ratty jeans and t-shirts. Do not wear your floral stretchy pants and cat sweatshirts. Please comb your hair and brush your teeth. You don't need to wear heels, or luscious red lipstick, or even a dress, but come ON! Pajama pants and falling apart tennis shoes. Never wear worn out stretchy pants. Anyone --and if you're 300lbs, they can't NOT be stretched out. Sigh. I had finally had enough, and muttered "Oh my hell. I miss New York." Apparently out loud, as I got strange side-ward glances from the couple next to me on the couch. I rolled my eyes, got up (said 'Good Lord' in my head in a snooty British accent) and went to my seat where the only thing I could see in front of me was the stage. It's hard to mock a stage.

On a different note, do you do things by yourself?  Dinner? Movie? Theater? Museums? If not you're really missing out. Let me list a few things about just tonight that were so fabulous. I didn't have to worry about who was coming and who didn't want to go, who felt left out, who was carpooling, who was driving whom etc. I didn't have to worry about who wants to have dinner here before the show, and who wants to have drinks there after. I didn't have to sit in my seat wondering if anyone else was having a good time. You get to do exactly what you want, when you want to do it, and you just get to sit and enjoy. I quite literally grinned the entire show. I danced in my chair, I sang along -in my head this time. When it was over I danced to the valet who retrieved my car and gave me a good-game tap and a wink as I got in, and I sang my heart out to whatever I wanted to listen to on the radio all the way home. I love me some me time!!!!!

PS -this is the unedited and unfiltered version of this photo ...I'm quite in love with it :)



No comments: