Sunday, April 8, 2012

Other than...

I'm now at the end of my four days off, and it's been a blissful four days. In that I've been shopping, and I've read, and I've spent a lot of time at the lake, and I've ate a lot of fresh fruit, and I've slept a lot. I've done a lot of everything except the one thing I had to do just once in these four days. My homework. I have one online posting, two replies to other postings, and two worksheets for fill out. I expect it will take about 30 minutes. And I just can't force myself to do it. Every time I try I end up deciding it would be more fun to Skype with my family. Or read my book. Or check Facebook. Or go to the lake and watch the sun set. Or take a bubble bath.

I've accomplished good things though. I've decided that my face is "done" with the routine I've been using. Much like when your hair gets tired of a certain shampoo and needs a break from it. So I ventured to Sephora and decided to try the Clinique line. I'd never used it before and quite simply, in two days I've become quite smitten. My skin feels and looks sensational, and oh so soft!

I also discovered on pinterest that if you rinse your fresh fruit in a 1:10 vinegar/water solution that it kills all the bacteria/mold already on them from the store and lets you store them in your fridge for weeks. So today after a fabulously refreshing Easter church meeting, I rinsed my grapes, blueberries, and strawberries.  We'll see how it works out.

And now I've lounged on the couch mindlessly flipping through channels and websites simultaneously. I've wittled everything else away. There's nothing to do but the simple bit of homework that's due in a few hours. And I just... can't... make... myself... do it. Yes, yes I will. Power through. Get it done...

No comments: