Friday, December 2, 2011

Justification

Today I went on a marathon 6 hour shopping trip to a single mall (Bellevue Square) with one of my best friends.  While driving home, we saw a pretty black car with black tinted windows. I said to my friend, "I really need to get my windows tinted. ...I really need to stop spending money so I can get my windows tinted"  She wisely pointed out that I didn't need to feel bad about the exorbitant amount of money spent at Sephora and Victoria's Secret today, because --what good does it do you to have a hot car if you get out of it and don't look amazing?  "Excellent point," I replied, "It's what's on the inside that counts."  And that, my friends, is how I justified nearly $600 spent at a makeup store with the excuse that it's what's on the inside that counts.

And, in case you're wondering... this is what that much money in makeup, brushes, bubble baths, and nail polish looks like:

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Think of it this way... you are keeping our tanking economy from totally flushing down the toilet!

Chelsea said...

I just love you Tone! Ha ha!! :) Looks like fun.