Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Truths

I'm 29 and am still not sure exactly who I am.

I think that's okay.

I love what I do.

I hate my job.

I want to go home.

I miss my family so much it makes my chest hurt.

I want to go to grad school at Georgetown.

I want to go to grad school at Johns-Hopkins.

I love my family more than anything in the world.

No Thanksgiving dinner is complete without Raspberry Pretzel Salad.

Breaking Dawn was the best of the Twilight movies thus far.

It made me want to read the books again for the umpteenth time.

I will still not read Harry Potter.

I hate wearing clothes.

I refuse to listen to Christmas music before the day after Thanksgiving.

Urban Meyer at Ohio State would be amazing.

No matter how old a girl gets, she still just needs her mommy and daddy sometimes.

It is possible to passionately love and hate something simultaneously.

Music speaks in a different language to the soul.

There are too many wonderful and amazing places in this world to not be vacationing regularly.

True friendship has nothing to do with distance.

I love to crochet.

The best feeling is when you get something you didn't know you needed at the precise moment you need it.

I've had an uncontrollable urge to rake the massive amounts of fallen leaves on the side of the roads into big piles just so I can jump in them.

I've become a chemical peel junkie.

I find popping zits therapeutic.

I'm not sure why I continue to order pizza since every time I eat a bite I complain inwardly that it's not New York pizza. But I continue to eat it. All.

Best networks on television:  ESPN, Discovery Channel, History Channel, A&E, The DIY Network, and Showtime --just because it has Dexter.

That's mostly it.  Some serious, some funny, some light-hearted, all truths.

3 comments:

jill said...

I love almost all your truths (there's that one about HP...) ;) Love you!

Brett and Chelsea said...

Agree with so many of your truths - I particularly agree with not reading harry potter AND Raspberry pretzel salad! mmmmm!

Scott and Heidi said...

You both are turds. Harry Potter is amazing. I miss you like crazy too! And like Jill, I love most of your posts. Love you sis