Friday, February 25, 2011

Addendum

Technically addendum number two since I added the Grey's quote as an addendum late last night. But... the death of all things outdated, valued, and old fashioned continues. Today I finally gave in and bought a new camera. I've had my last camera since 2007, and I'd grown quite attached. I bought it when I was living in Patchogue, NY on my first travel assignment. My friend has captured my memories from Long Island, a cross country drive, one from UT to SoCal, one from SoCal to Seattle. She's recorded my memories of my brother's wedding, countless friends' weddings. From trips to Vegas, Key West, Washington DC, Disneyland, Canada, Mexico, North Carolina, Hawaii. She lived NYC with me and permanently stored the occasions. She saw my newborn nephew, my best friends children, countless occasions with my beloved family and friends. She saw me fall in love, she saw me make new friends, she saw me as I grew (am growing) into a strong independent loving woman. She documented the occasion of Nellie loosing her original license plates, a sad day indeed. She was my witness to countless parties, celebrations, birthdays, holidays in every season. She saw my sister graduate from college. She was my road trip companion and secretary, we were a well oiled functioning team. When I bought her she was the top of the line, cutting edge camera technology. She's is a 7.1 megapixel 4x optical zoom. I haven't actually let her go yet, I'm not sure what to do with her. I mean, she still works, technically ...you just have to pry the lens open with your fingernail, and sometimes force the lens closed. (She may have been dropped -or gone camera sky diving as I like to think of it- a couple times) She's weathered all extremes of weather. So I think I'll hang on to her for a while. Ya know. Just ...in case. RIP my friend. You are loved.


Picture taken with my new friend ...I'll tell you more about them later. It's amazing, but this is about the loss of my old friend :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So original and funny! Love and miss you lots and feel bad about not getting your text in time on Sunday. (about skyping) Soon ok? Love, your Momma