Thursday, September 23, 2010

Relax

Today I am going to do nothing. I'm not going to check a single blood pressure or look at a single monitor or hear a single solitary beep (be it IV pump, cardiac monitor, call light, or other) for the next four days. And that is fabulous. I slept a glorious ten hours and I'm planning on maintaining a horizontal position as much as possible, eating some powdered donut holes, drinking some yummy herbal tea, and watching some TV Thursday. Maybe I'll even pull out the scrapbook stuff. And tomorrow I'm going to lunch with some great friends, and going for sushi and other shenanigans later. Saturday marks the beginning of hockey season for me --go Thunderbirds :) It's going to be a glorious 4 days of not having to save any lives. Selfish? Perhaps. But glorious none the less.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

A well deserved break!

jill said...

wish I could be there with you. it would be awesome. scrapbook one for me! Have a good time!