Thursday, June 3, 2010

Zen

I can only think of two ways I could possibly be more relaxed right now, and one of them involves a 2 1/2 hour heated shea butter massage. Mmmm... anyway ...I just finished my sixth shift in a row. Tuesday night was complete hell, and last night just flat out kicked my butt. It's been a while since I've been able to honestly say that I did not sit down -even to chart or pee- for ten hours. But, it's over now. And I'm in heaven thanks to a 35 minute shower where I kept the water so hot my skin was pink and shaving creamed and deep conditioned and exfoliated and lotioned and let all my stress and cares wash right down the shower drain with the shampoo suds. Ah, showers. I love them. I also love new clothes and shoes and days off and friend's birthday parties and cupcakes and bed. Always bed. Foremost bed. My lavender and chamomile oasis with 1,000 thread count sheet covered heavenly bed. And all of these things are in my immediate future. Life is good today :)

2 comments:

The Porter's said...

I'm jealous of your sheets. That is the next thing on my list to buy.

Kimberly Nan said...

There is nothing better than a shower...nothing.