Monday, January 25, 2010

Who comes up with this stuff?!

Happy Blue Monday everyone! So, I'm on my way home from work this morning and I hear on the radio that today is Blue Monday. Apparently, today is the most depressing day of the year. I'm not sure who comes up with this stuff, or how they go about it. I mean really. Maybe it's just all my time spent in Logan UT where February is truly the longest month of the year, but who decides that the last Monday in January is the most depressing day of the year? Is it the looking forward to February that gets everyone so down? I mean, February is really just a stupid month. It's cold, it's dreary, and I maintain that it's a giant conspiracy that it is only 28 days. There are at least 45. I promise. Is is realizing that there are still 6 months until the best month of the year? (that'd be July --baseball, sunshine, heat, the 4th and my birthday --what's not to love)

But rest assured everyone, according to the experts who make up stuff that gets said on morning radio, you will not be more depressed all year long than you are today. I myself am having a pretty darn great day and feeling rather good. So if it's all looking up from here, I'm in serious business! I don't have to work today, I get to sleep lots, and I get to go play with friends tonight in my new clothes. Which reminds me, my hips and my bank account are both glad that I have a couple days off. Neither one can take the cortisol level hike/emotional eating/retail therapy hit that they took during a ROUGH and LONG 4-day weekend at work. No need to go into details, but it's good to know that things are looking up from today. So thank you morning radio and makers-up-of-random-facts. Cheers!

4 comments:

jill said...

Feb. really is the worst month ever. but hey if blue monday is going this well then maybe feb won't be as bad??

have a great day off!

the cole family said...

Really? I was wondering to myself today why I felt like crap and wanting to cry for no reason. Really.

But I'm sure I'll have much worse days than this through the year...it is only January AND I'll be recovering from child birth later this year -- THAT is depressing.

Jenny said...

So that's why I feel so blah this week! One minute I'm ready to bawl, the next rip something in half, and then yell at the top of my lungs!

Unknown said...

Why would you be down thinking about the upcoming February? I, for one, LOVE that Feb is coming up. It's our month: Black People Month! Yay! I can watch Black movies here in Liberia on BET! Yay for Black History Month. Oh, wait...I am African. DO we have an African History Month? Or does it not count now that I am in Africa? Oh, now I have joined the depressed people this last Monday/last week of January!