Saturday, January 9, 2010

Interesting...

So I had the weirdest dream last night. I dreamed that me, my brother, my mom, and an aunt and uncle had stopped at a riverbank for some reason after eating lunch. Cody and my aunt and uncle stayed in their separate cars, but my mom got out and I followed a little bit behind her. She walked toward the small calm/quiet stream and all of a sudden 2 king cobras came towering out of the water smiling and dancing in unison --disney style. Then to the left of them a hippopotamus stuck it's giant head out of the water. I watched in horror as my mom walked up to the hippo and rubbed it's nose. I screamed after her to stop, and screamed at my brother to help me, but he didn't hear me. The hippo flipped my mom in the air then back and forth into the ground. With one more giant flip, the hippo caught my mom in it's mouth and ate her while I looked on screaming. The next thing I knew I was laying in bed and my Great-Aunt Betty (who is quite alive and well in reality) was an angel and brought me two white tickets in a white envelope and said "gone," and then left. This was how I knew that my mom did not survive. I woke up hyperventilating and screaming "NO!!!!" I was almost scared to move.

My first thought was honestly what my neighbors must think. The things they must hear randomly, the people coming and going, the weird hours I keep, and now me screaming no repeatedly in the middle of the evening. Ah well. At least I'm entertaining :) My next thought was that it may be time to try a night without benadryl. I mean, I've had some crazy dreams (most of which I have kept in my nighttime notebook) but this one was particularly strange. So, as I often do, I looked it up in a dream dictionary when I got home from work this morning. Doing this is always entertaining --especially when it's something from my nighttime notebook and I can relate it to my thought before falling asleep. This one is quite pertinent to my life now as well. Interesting. I'm not going to go into great detail, but the key players are defined below. Try to get past the 'my mom died' in my dream --which is really just morbid. Make of it what you will. I love dream dictionaries!!!!

River: indicates that you are allowing your life to float away or that you are just going with the flow. It's time to take a more decisive role in directing your life. A river can also symbolize joyful pleasures, peace and prosperity.

Snake: represent healing, transformation, knowledge, and wisdom. It is indicative of self-renewal and positive changes.

Mom: represents the nurturing aspect of your own character.

Hippo: symbolizes your aggressive nature and hidden strengths.

White: purity, perfection, peace, awareness, and new beginnings

Ticket: signifies the start of a new endeavor

No comments: