Tuesday, September 24, 2013

My Favorite 74 Minutes

Seventy-four of my all time favorite minutes of music. My go-to songs. As follows.

1.  You Are My Sunshine by Nat King Cole
2.  My Girl by The Temptations
3.  Come Away With Me by Norah Jones
4.  Clair de Lune by The APM Orchestra
5.  (Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay by Otis Redding
6.  Blurred Lines (feat. TI and Pharrell) by Robin Thicke
7.  Defying Gravity by Idina Menzel & Kristin Chenowith
8.  Don't Stop Believin' by Journey
9.  Theme from New York, New York by Frank Sinatra
10.  Breathe (2 AM) by Anna Nalick
11.  Livin' On A Prayer by Bon Jovi
12.  Knee Deep (feat. Jimmy Buffett) by Zac Brown Band
13.  Here Comes The Sun by The Beatles
14.  America The Beautiful by Ray Charles
15.  I'm Yours by Jason Mraz
16.  Only Fools Rush In by Elvis Presley
17.  Orange Colored Sky by Natalie Cole
18.  What A Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong
19.  Somewhere Over The Rainbow by Rosemary Clooney
20.  Old Blue Chair by Kenny Chesney

And in case you were wondering, there are no links because my favorite versions aren't always playable online, and finding my favorite versions that melded into exactly 74 minutes was HARD!! In case you were wondering part II: The last three songs to be painfully removed from the list were:

1. Stay by Rihana
2.  Anything But Mine by Kenny Chesney
and
3.  Sweet Child of Mine by Guns N Roses

And then there was Loved You Tonight by Jon West, and Still Still Still by John Schmidt, and Ed Sheeran, and Saving Jane, and Etta James, and The Fray, and Whitesnake... I could go on. It's been a rough couple days!

3 comments:

jill said...

nice chill list that is definitely you!

Scott and Heidi said...

Love it! It definitely fits you!!

Anonymous said...

Toni, I have let you down. It's been months and I have yet to finish my list! Egad!