Monday, January 7, 2013

A New Year

It's that time of year again I suppose. My disdain for following mass media tradition is well documented. However, while the rest of the world is setting goals --most of which they have no intention of keeping, I'll share with you a few of my recent resolutions. I resolve to live more simply. I resolve to be more punctual and caught up with my life. I resolve to renew my thirst for continual knowledge and intellectual stimulation, and continue my appetite for the new adventure.  I resolve --as always, this is a hard one for me, one I'm continually renewing and evolving-- to be kinder to myself. To be more loving, to see the hope in humanity that is sometimes dim in my profession. I resolve to spend more time searching out the positive.  In lieu of these resolutions, gulp, I think it's time for me to travel less. Just for a short time. No need to panic.  It's time to buckle down, pay off the debts that have been gnawing at me for years and spend more time exploring the wonderland around me. There is so much to be seen and enjoyed that I haven't done yet right here that doesn't require excessive travel funds until such things can be put in order. There are so many books to be read, that will let my brain travel and learn new things, new cultures, new ideas. There is so much to get caught up on. In addition to my debts and piles of unread books, are a few years of scrapbooking, and a small notebook of reminders of things still to be blogged.  There is the matter as well of accepting the reality that I am indeed getting older and that responsibility dictates that I make appointments with the dermatologist that I've been meaning to see for a while. And perhaps I should really tell my doctor about my heartburn and gastritis that I've been treating myself for --silly nurses.  And I really should see the podiatrist for my feet that have been bothering me. It's time to take care of myself in all ways, starting from the ground up. And once the foundations are solid, BOY are there some amazing things on the horizon!! Stay tuned world, it's gonna be a fantastic ride!!!

No comments: