Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Mad. I'm just Mad.

Dear Coach Anderson:

Congratulations. I sincerely wish you and your family nothing but the best. I'm a sports fan. I'm not a "girly" sports fan, I'm pretty hard-core. That being said, I am a girl, and the reason a lot of girls don't get too involved in sports is that there's a huge emotional commitment involved for us. And it hurts to be betrayed. I feel betrayed. I get that it's a business, and that this was clearly the best financial decision. And I wouldn't have felt betrayed --sad,but not betrayed-- had you not just done an entire interview about how you were NOT under ANY circumstances leaving Logan. Wisconsin has been in the hunt for a head coach for weeks. You can't tell me that this happened overnight. This one will sting for a while. Aggie Nation has been spurned by you. We do not forgive or forget easily.  How do you look the team that you made, the young men that you brought in the eyes and tell them that they aren't good enough?

Dear SeaHAWKS:

Go baby go!! I believe that we will win!!!!!


Also... if the world really is ending on Friday and we're all going to hell, I'm glad I'm going to work. Can you imagine the part we'll be having?! ;)



5 comments:

Scott and Heidi said...

I agree 100% about everything you said! Girls=too emotional cuz I am so sad too :(... He had to have known. This couldn't have been a last minute decision... I'm shocked that he is leaving, only because of what he's previously said... :( I hope one day we can find a coach who wants to stay and do great things for our Aggies!

jill said...

The only thing I am upset about is that he didn't tell the team in person first. That is unfair to them. Otherwise I get it, it is sad and hopefully won't suck big time, but I get the financial "it's a job" part of it. We will miss him though. Hope we find someone awesome.

oof said...

I'm sure he intended to tell the team first. He probably tried, but the media blew the story wide open before he had a chance. I do believe that he meant all the things that he said last week about staying. The musical chairs of college football coaching is constantly revolving.

The reality is that USU isn't the kind of school that can pay more than a million dollars for a football coach, and frankly, I don't think we want to be. USU football will always be a stepping stone for coaches to bigger and better things.

Mindy said...

Agreed. If you aren't staying, don't say you are {and like three million times}. He sure is a smooth talker, isn't he? Ate up every word he said. Fooled to believe he was like Stew Morrill. I feel like I owe Stew an apology for that. :)

Jenny said...

Agreed. I am still in mourning, going from anger to heartbreak to frustration to congratulations.