Saturday, July 14, 2012

Home Free

You'll all be very happy to know that they let me back in the country, and even more surprisingly, no one had to drag me kicking and screaming. Greece was absolutely incredible. I am still computer-less, and my ocpd won't let me write about it and post photos later. So stay tuned. Suffice it to say that each section of the trip had its own magnificence. Athens had the history, Mykonos had the beaches, and Santorini had the culture. Santorini was the pinnacle of the realization of an eleven-year dream, and I can't wait to tell you all about it! In the meantime, the things I will miss the most are the beautiful sunshine, the indescribable clear blue water, the sounds of the church bells over the nighttime city sounds, and the sounds of the beautiful Greek language. I am glad however, to be back in a land where people are allowed to flush their toilet paper, and smoking is socially unacceptable. And my bed, oh my bed. Always my bed!

2 comments:

jill said...

Glad you made it back okay!!

Jenny said...

Again, so jealous!!!!