Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Grace

Carrie Bradshaw once said, "I will never be the woman with the perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it, and chair committees, and write thank you notes, and I can't feel bad about that."  Bless her, I'm one of those people. Life has a funny way of reminding you.  I can save a life without blinking an eye, I've made it through three college degrees, I can do great things. And then I walk out of work and fall in the parking lot. For no reason. Fall. Not trip, not step off something funny, just fall. And not gracefully. My coworkers may have thought I had a seizure. And I'm fine. It's comical really, my sister and I have a running contest of sorts. I fell while hiking -almost of the side of the mountain. She fell off a curb a while ago. I fell down the stairs at my parents house last year. While barefoot. Not carrying anything. Just fell. Down the whole flight. She texted me the other day to inform me that her fall-free streak had ended and she had fallen while walking on the sidewalk. And then today it's my turn.  So yes. I am beautiful in my own way. I am smart, and I am damn good at what I do, but I will never be the regal woman with the perfect glossy hair who can wear white without spilling on it, and I will fall in empty secluded pavement covered parking lots without so much as a rock to blame for being in my way. Oi.


Image via

4 comments:

Scott and Heidi said...

HAHAHAHA I'm in class and I can't stop laughing :) I Love us and our small moments of clumsiness...that happen quite often. It's okay, I've also fallen down the stairs before. I love you :)

Chelsea said...

HA HA!! You guys are really great. Clumsiness and all! :) Love you!!

Chelsea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Well, I personally think that you have aaaawwesssoommme hair. Plus you are perfect just the way you are - sometimes you need to fall for no reason just to spice up your life...I think.