Monday, October 18, 2010

Deflated

Remember those little emotion magnets that everyone had on their fridge in college? The one with all the faces and an emotion written under each one? Then there was the black frame magnet that went with it that said, "Today I feel," on it? Well today I feel deflated. I just got back from dropping my parents off at the airport. It's always a deflating disappointing feeling to come home to a now-empty apartment that so recently was filled with people and laughter. I'm missing my family and I'm missing friends from far away. And I'm bewildered over a friendship I thought was indestructible. I still think it is since i'm a firm believer that the truth will ALWAYS prevail ...but hiccups suck. And men are douche bags. And when the douche bag is your professionally controlling live-in boyfriend and baby-daddy, I can understand that it's easier to want to believe them ...but ...sigh. Today, I'm a little deflated. So you know what I'm gonna do? I'm gonna be deflated today and spend the entire day in my comfy clothes with lots of time in my bed and on my couch with lots of great movies and TV on DVD ...perhaps some Grey's Anatomy. Although the last few times I've watched that one it's hit WAY to close to home on several emotional issues I'm not ready to deal with yet. So maybe I'll stick to Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie. The TV on DVD version of comfort food :) Ooh! And I'll eat some macaroni and cheese ...and chicken noodle soup ...and grilled cheese sandwiches... And now I'm just thinking out loud ...via the keyboard ...so I'm gonna go ...but I'll leave you with a picture of me and my amazing parents from yesterday.

3 comments:

The Porter's said...

Oh I hate that feeling! You anxiously await the arrival for so long, then you have a blast when they are around, then they're gone... and there's nothing to do, and it's too quiet. Hang in there!

ps- maybe they need to stay a bit longer next time so you get sick of them. :)

jill said...

Cute. I am glad that you were able to visit with your parents. I am sad you feel deflated but I am pretty sure all of those things plus a yankees game can re-inflate you. I am onto ER now I think, I need some Ross and Carol in my life.

love you, good luck!

Mindy said...

I hope the comfy clothes, TV time, and good eats did the trick!!