Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I have a problem.

Today I spent just over $275 ordering around 3,000 pictures that cover a span of 13 weeks of my life. I have a problem. A picture taking problem. And when the prints arrive at my house I will be spending countless more dollars on the scrapbooks and supplies to turn those photos into priceless memory filled books. It will all be worth it, and I will do this many times over, but I still found it funny that I spent that much printing photos to cover a mere 13 weeks of my life.

See, I'm a little behind on my scrapbooking. The last time I printed photos they were of my first time living in New York. I told myself that I couldn't print anymore until I had those ones all scrapbooked. So I haven't. And the first time I lived in New York was the summer/fall of 2007. Just recently I made a power push to get caught up and scrapbooked the entire time in 3 weeks. So now I'm on to my California adventures. Which I am SO excited to get to!!!! After that is my road trip up the PCH. I decided to make a photobook of this road trip rather than printing more photos. I figured the road trip was like a story, so a book was appropriate. Besides I would get entirely too bored of scrapbooking nothing but scenery pictures. So in addition to ordering all my Cali pics, I also put together and ordered a custom made 78 page book covering the 4 day trip. I am so excited to get it and see it and look at it that I may not be able to sleep tonight! Thank you shutterfly for indulging my picture taking problem :)

Here's a link to see the online version of the book: click here :)

4 comments:

Mindy said...

I support this problem ... and I think I want to do the online books opposed to actually scrapbooking them ... and this makes me want to do it even MORE! :)

Kristy said...

Your book is a hit!! The boys and I sat and watched the whole thing. They loved it! They were even giving little babbles of comentary like they made the trip with you. We miss you. Come back and visit!

Jenny said...

Good for you! I love doing photo books, especially for vacations. It makes it so much easier than all the real-deal scrapbooking. Think of your addiction as something to leave your posterity... you are keeping the commandments with this one so it must be ok!

Jamie said...

It's better to have a picture taking problem, then a non-picture taking problem! Go Toni! I need to get some pictures printed up and scrapbooked as well!