Thursday, June 4, 2009

I've done it ...

Well, almost. I have almost vacationed myself out. Almost. It's been a pretty stellar last couple weeks, but I am exhausted!!!! Apparently not too exhausted to blog this quick post with my eyelids at half-mast :) So after working 6 days in a row, I went on the road trip I told you about last post. I flew home on Saturday in time to go to work for twelve hours, sleep for 12, work for twelve more. I got off work in time to go home and grab my bag and head to the airport. I played in the SoCal sunshine at the beautiful beaches in the perpetually sun-drenched gorgeous Orange County. I didn't realize how much I missed Orange County. I missed it a lot! So Monday was the beach, then the pool at the Disneyland Hotel where I was staying with my friend Siobhan and her family. When the pool closed we hit up Downtown Disney. Good times!!! I miss ESPN zone! We got back to the hotel in time to sleep for a couple hours in time to wake up and spend a full day at California Adventure and the Happiest Place on Earth. We ended the day at the pool again, and made it to bed in time for me to sleep a full 6 hours so I could get up and board my plane back to Seattle to make it to 8 hours of work, followed by the winding down of the birthday celebrations of one of the nurses I work with. So now, I'm exhausted. I'm so tired I'm delirious, and I almost go to the point today where I was DONE with vacations. All I wanted to do was sit in my apartment by myself and be lame and not do one darn thing. Then I re-evaluated. It will be nice to have a full day off Saturday, but I can't wait for my next adventure!!!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Hahaha! Toni! I am totally vacationed out too! I just want to sit home and do nothing!! :)