Friday, April 3, 2009

So Long Old Friend

The good old days of TV Thursdays are officially over. When I was 12, I began to be a faithful watcher of TV Thursday. Each week I watched Friends and ER. I watched Friends faithfully to the last episode with my family or friends. The last episode of Friends was when I was 21. I essentially grew up with that show. I mean, those were some pretty formative years. There is not a single episode that I have not seen at least twice, and some that I have seen more times than I can count. There is a Friends situation for every moment in life.

ER was after Friends every week. For the 10 years Friends was on the air I did not miss an episode of ER either. Friends and ER every week. In High School my best friend Kristy and I would watch ER together every week --even if we were at our own individual houses and watching it together over the phone. We would claim it was to study for our Medical Anatomy and Physiology class. I had known that I wanted to be a nurse ever since I was in kindergarten. But Carol Hathaway and the show ER is what let me know that I was going to work in the Emergency Department, and I was going to love it. So it is somewhat ironic that I had to DVR the finale of ER tonight, because I had to attend my own real-life version. The show that inspired me to the career and profession that I love is over, and I will have to watch the finale when I get home from doing what the show inspired me to do. Thanks for the good times ER :)

4 comments:

Mindy said...

I am obsessed with seeing the finale. I don't know why, I definitely haven't seen every episode and this entire season I've fasted-forwarded through parts I thought were boring (most everything that had nothing to do with Abbey or Carter ... or the parts where other old cast members came back). But I plan on watching it as soon as I get home from work today!

jill said...

yay for twin blogs :)

Enjoy the episode! and let me know what you think!

Kristy said...

I loved "studying" together. I too was sad to see the end of this show!

I am glad you had a fun trip to Vegas. Next stop...Twin Falls Idaho!

Jenny said...

Sad, sad, sad. I didn't get to watch the whole episode...Pearl wouldn't go to sleep. Thursdays just won't be the same.