Monday, March 9, 2009

Fair is fair...

Whenever people ask you to share a most embarrassing moment, I am always stumped. I just never have had one. Folks, I now have a most embarrassing moment. Warning: if you are male, you do not want to read this. It will be too much information. I debated even posting about this, but despite my complete mortification, it is a pretty funny story. So I'm owning it. I was embarrassed and now I'm sharing it with all of you in full-glory-bluntly-honest detail.

So there I was. Saturday night. I was at a party in the home of one of the nurses I work with. We were watching the UFC fight on Saturday, playing pool, eating food and having a generally good time. Bunches of people from the hospital and various fire departments were there. All was well, the fights were good, the food was good, the company was good. Come 1:00am everyone --including the host --was passed out in rooms or gone home. Everyone except me and one friend. We were cuddling on the couch watching replays of the fights we had missed earlier while we were shooting pool. I said to this friend with a flirty smile, "I had something to tell you earlier..." He asked what it was and I wink (I am a fabulous winker) and say teasingly, "I'm not sure I want to tell you any more." He replied, "Oh, yeah?" The next thing I knew, I found myself pinned to the couch and the tickling fight began. For the record, I honestly thought I was tough enough to get away from the wrestling, football-playing, fire-fighting Hawaiian. Not my smartest moment. I am VERY ticklish, and this friend knows this and uses it to his advantage. I don't think this is fighting fair. I gave escaping a effort though --And I have the sore muscles to show it! I twisted and turned with all my might, and I still lost. And really I'm okay with it :) I twisted the two of us right off the couch, he rolled the two of us into and nearly through the large wooden chest serving as a coffee table. I pushed the coffee table across the floor in my attempts to escape, and we ended up in a laughing heap wedged between a recliner chair and the wall. We took a break (he from the tickling, me from the escaping) to catch our breath. He said, "So, are you gonna tell me?" I just laughed and said, "Mmm, no." Resume tickling and escaping. Somehow, he ended up somersaulting the two of us out of the spot we were wedged in, I flipped over the top of him.

Warning number two. If you are male and still reading, this is where you want to stop. Trust me. You don't want to hear it. It's not worth it.

So I land on my back and resume giggling after a loud "umph." My friend sits up to make sure I'm ok, and says, "Uh, did you just pee?" I sit up confused, wondering if I hit my head harder than I remembered, and said, "No!"

**Seriously boys, you want to stop reading, final warning!**

So he looks at me and says, "Well then, time out for that time of the month!" Yeah. Apparently my period decided to come two days early, and I had been so into the party that I did not realize that I had already bled through my pants. Complete mortification sets in immediately. Needless to say, this effectively ends the flirting/tickling fight. I went to a bathroom downstairs that didn't have someone sleeping on it's floor, and counted my small amount of good fortune that Deana had supplies in the guest bathroom. When I returned to the TV room, my friend had found a bag of chips and container of dip that we had cleaned up earlier, and we resumed the re-watching of the fight with a chaste amount of space between us. My face is probably still red, I was so embarrassed.

Luckily, and by some small miracle, there wasn't a single ounce of awkwardness last night when we worked together. It felt like nothing had happened, and we talked and laughed like normal.

So there's my story. And yes, I miss the days when I honestly had nothing to say when people started talking about most embarrassing moments.

3 comments:

The Porter's said...

Oh how I love you!

Oh and ps-- That happened to me too, only I was in 7th grade :]
...and it got all over the chair.

Mindy said...

Is it horrible that I am laughing in complete mortification with you!? I AM SO SORRY! But you're a trooper! GOOD JOB! AH! :) Love you lots!

Jenny said...

He he he!!! Every girl, even if they don't admit it, has one of those fun month come early stories. Ok but mine aren't usually discovered by a cute boy. But that's the advantage of having a guy discover this, they don't care!