Saturday, November 22, 2008

A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words

Therefore, I'm not going to type them. I apologize to all my faithful readers *rolls eyes* (wink-wink) but I have just not felt up to updating my blog. You KNOW how hard it is to get me to do something that I just flat out don't want to do. And I suppose that it's not that I didn't want to update it, I was just overwhelmed by the sheer volume of topics that I felt obligated to cover. It's been an absolutely chaotic and wonderful last few weeks. I'm home in UT at the moment, and it was so chaotic the last few weeks, that all I did for the first three days I was home was sleep and hang around the house, enjoying time with my family and food cooked by mom. I literally didn't venture outside until yesterday. Now that I'm done with the bulk of decompressing, I'm feeling bad for not writing. I just can't do proper justice to all that I've seen and done and felt over the last little bit. I ended a wonderful stay in the greatest city in the world, left behind many great friends and coworkers, visited our cations capitol and saw EVERY monument and memorial and gift shop and sidewalk that there was to see, I entertained four separate groups of fabulous friends and family from home and played tour guide around the city (three times), and FINALLY completed my list of things I wanted to do in the city (the monstrous list I'd been working on for 6months and two weeks of living there) oh, and I was still working full time nights. I have compressed all this into the last three weeks. Each one of these subjects deserves a novel unto itself. I'm a big believer in the philosophy of not doing anything that you can't do right --perfectly. Then a familiar phrase came to mind as another wave of guilt washed over me about not blogging my many adventures and feelings. A picture is worth a thousand words. I have kind of a picture taking sickness, in that I am addicted. I take an average of 1,200 pictures a month. More if I'm vacationing with friends/family. I have a photographic detail of nearly every minute of my life the last few weeks, so for the most part I'm going to let the pictures speak for themselves. I have 6 complete photo albums that I've uploaded to facebook in the last three days, and I'm not going to upload all 360 pictures here. So I'm going to further narrow down the ones that I already narrowed down to the "bare minimum" to put on facebook. So if you want to see more (and I humbly submit that you do :) ) Check out my facebook or myspace pages. Or you can email me if you don't have those and I'll see if I can send you the link. So here we go.


My Mom, Aunt Pam, Me and cousin Kelsie (clearly at the statue of liberty :) )



My mom and me in Central Park

at the Fire Museum --coolest place ever ...you just have to go


ex-roommate Kirsten and I in Central Park


At the Halloween Parade in Greenwich Village --the biggest Halloween Celebration in the US

Danielle and Me at the Bronx Zoo -- I love zoos!!

My favorite Gorilla at the zoo

My first Knicks game

Me and Danielle at the game

Central Park South

Central Park South looking at the Plaza Hotel

The gang from work at my 'last weekend in the city' party

Jill and Me in Brooklyn

Me sleeping on the bus to DC

So Mike says, "Just bring your luggage to meet me at the white house and I'll keep it there in my office." We weren't sure about walking up to the white house with our luggage, but we didn't get arrested :) (note Starbucks cup :) 3 hours of sleep on the bus was not enough!)

The President's motorcade, for which a bystander near by where we met Mike thanked us for the opportunity to witness. :)

WWII Memorial 'Here We Mark the Price of Freedom' There are no words.

Jill and Me at the Lincoln Memorial

Korean Memorial

Again, no words. Korean Memorial

Jill and Me at the nurses monument at the Vietnam Memorial

Jill Mike and Me on the White House front lawn waiting to see the President and First Lady take off in the Marine One helicopter. Are you seeing why I can't describe everything that has gone on lately?!

Me and Jill on our own private tour of the West Wing of the White House



Me and Jill in front of Marine One. That's a big freakin' helicopter!

Indescribable

On the wall outside the Holocaust Museum. This says it all.

Changing of the Guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier

Arlington

Iwo Jima

Jill and Me on the Jonathan Larson bench at the Life Cafe back in NYC

My favorite doorman, Rupert. Every day I'd walk in and say, "Hello!" and he'd respond with a cheery, "Okay!"

And that's my life the last few weeks. Thanks to those of you who shared it with me and to everyone who made it possible and incredible. Memories impressions and feelings were created that will not be forgotten after a lifetime.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

I have been waiting and waiting for an update and woah has a lot gone on! I'm proud to say I've seen most of those things too - feeling much cooler now that I've done some "world traveling" like you. One question, who's this Mike character that got you in the White House?

jill said...

good job toni!! we rock at vacationing and taking pictures p.s.!!!!

Unknown said...

Mike is Mike Robins who went to Utah State, he and Jill are good friends and used to be neighboors, now he works as a speach writer for President Bush --Which works out well for my vacation plans :) (Thanks again Mike --love ya!)

Mindy said...

Oh, my word! Mike is alive! He probably doesn't remember me, but I have a funny story concerning him, so I doubt I will ever forget him. Secondly, leaves in Central Park are gooooorgeous!!! Woman, I don't know how you do all the things you do!! :)