Sunday, November 9, 2008

Double 0, double 0, double double double 0!

That was a ridiculous cheer that we used to do where each class would repeatedly shout the year they were graduating and try to be louder than the other classes. I don't know. Weird stuff was cool in high school :)


SKY VIEW HIGH SCHOOL 2000


1. Did you date someone from your school? I went on dates with a few people, but no one serious.


2. Did you marry someone from your high school? Uh, no. I used to think that I would have to marry someone from high school, because then we could reminisce about the good old days and keep in touch with the entire rest of our class. Then I grew up :)


3. Did you car pool to School? Yeah ...a few different carpool groups, depending on when people moved/graduated. Bus rides were mixed throughout --holla!


4. What kind of car did you have? '97 Nissan Sentra --Her name is Nellie.


5. What kind of car do you have now? Nellie is being driven back in UT by my bro, because right now my car is the subway.


6. Its Friday night...where are you (then) Hmm. Depends on the season. At whatever sporting event was going on then at a friends house for movies and hanging out or playing night games if it was warm. Or in Jamie's RV with friends telling scary stories.


7. It is Friday night...where are you (now)? Well, depends on what season it is. JK --I can still be found at whatever sporting event may be taking place nearby, but I am frequently working or going out with friends, or spending time in my favorite place --bed --being grateful that I'm not at work.


8 What kind of job did you have in high school? I had a summer job at the SnoShack making snow cones, then the spring of my senior year I got a job as a phone surveyor at Discovery Research --shoutout to the DRG and the ol' Q-crew! lol!


9. What kind of job do you do have now? I'm an RN in the Emergency Department at St. Lukes -the level 1 trauma center for Harlem, NYC :)


11. Were you considered a flirt you think? Yeah, I was all talk though :)


12. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? None. I was in choir in Middle School.


13. Were you a nerd? What do you mean were? I still am!


14. Did you get suspended or expelled? Nope.


15. Can you sing the fight song? We're loyal and true to our white and our blue, fight on you bobcats! So let's give a cheer for the team of the year, let's go, let's win, rah, rah, rah! We are the best and we'll beat all the rest, down with those _______! So let's win this ballgame and build up our school's fame! Let's have a victory!! I can do the school hymn too --Where the mountain peaks meet the starry sky, where the green hills meet the blue ...ok I'll stop.


16. Who was/were your favorite teacher(s)? Mr. Mullen --AP Chemistry, although I cried in his class a couple times cuz it was so hard! Mr. Fife --AP Calculus, I was always good at math, even though I hated it. Mrs. Parkinson --Medical Anat & Phys. Mrs. Cole --US History. Mrs. Falslev --Human growth & development.


17. Where did you sit during lunch? With friends in the hallway my sophomore year, my junior year in the student center with friends, and my senior year it varied depending on who I was hanging out with for the day. I remember a few lunches in the library with Kristy eating chocolate discussing what the way we disposed of our Hershey kisses wrappers said about our personalities.


18. What was your school's full name? Sky View High School


19. When did you graduate? June 2000.


20. What was your school mascot? Bobcat


21. If you could go back and do it again, would you? I loved every minute of it while I was there, but I don't think I'd redo it if you paid me.


22. Did you have fun at Prom? Yeah. It was actually really cool! We had it at the ballroom at USU, and our pics were on the terrace --so pretty!


23. Do you still talk to the person you went to Prom with? Well, he lives 2,000 miles away and is married, and I believe has a child, so we don't see each other a lot, but when we're in the same state, we usually run in to each other and chat for a while. Usually at Lee's -the grocery store :)


24. Are you planning on going to your next reunion? Nope. It hasn't been long enough that I miss anyone all that much yet. I see the people I care about still.
Here's me and my 3 bff's from HS at Jenny's sisters wedding reception this August --Jenny's holding her daughter, Kristy and I are holding her twins and Becky's boys are getting food with their dad.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Ah the memories are flooding back now. I'm impressed you remembered the school songs...I don't think I ever learned them in the first place. And I'm with you - HS was fun while it lasted but I'd never go back!

Jamie said...

Oh.. the memories. Fun to think back about it, but like you said, I would go back if I was paid to go back!

I just got home from Seattle. I thought of you the WHOLE time... wishing you still lived there so we could meet up. :) Check my blog soon for pics-- I'm sure you will recognize all of the sites! Seattle misses you I am sure!

Fun post!

Jamie said...

ps. I meant I wouldN'T go back to HS. Oh, and I'm very impressed that you still remembered the fight song. Good memory!