Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Fam

Why am I still awake? I just drove home (12 hours) from Logan back to Seattle, I got home at 4:30 in the morning, it's now 7:30 and I'm still awake. Why, you ask? Well, because I have a problem. I am addicted to facebook. And blogging. I spent an absolutely wonderful fathers day weekend with my family, and I got through the whole thing without getting online once --it was oddly refreshing :) But the first thing I did when I got home and unpacked, was not getting ready for bed. This would have been a much smarted plan. Instead I decided I'd make a quick check of my email and facebook and blog. Well, after 6 days, the stuff that you usually clear out every day accumulates, and here I am, finished reading everyone's updated blogs and catching up on all my updates and notifications from facebook. I decided that I would just write a quick not to explain that I have the greatest family ever! (Then I'm really going to bed!)

I LOVE my family!!!!! I spent the last six days doing nothing but hanging out with them (with the exception of a 2 hour lunch with an 'old' friend :) ) and it was fantastic! I can't describe the pure joy that it is to eat dinner with my family. For more reasons than just that I get to eat wonderful home made food that I didn't have to cook. You will never laugh so hard as at dinner with my family, as many of you can attest to. I have the funniest little sister in the world. She is an absolutely wonderful person. She is straight forward, says exactly what's on her mind, has an opinion on everything, and is 100% herself all the time. And it is hilarious! I love that about her!
I love just chillin and watching tv or the latest ball game on tv with my dad. I love that when I come home, I still can go outside and spend an hour or two playing catch with my dad in the back yard --even if my arm is still sore 2 days later. I love that in order for him to fully enjoy the fresh salmon and king crab legs I got him for fathers day, he had to show me how to run the grill :) and we had a great time doing it. I have the greatest dad in the world! I have the greatest brother in the world. He is so sweet --don't tell anyone :) He truly cares about people ...all people. He is a friend to everyone, and I really admire the way he jumps in and helps his friends out with whatever they need. Whoever ends up with him is going to be one lucky girl! And my cute mom! She's the greatest too! How did I get to be so lucky! I love that I can go to midnight movies and stay up talking all hours into the night about anything with my mom, and I love that she lets me sleep in till noon :) She is an amazing woman ...I hope one day and can be just like her ...or almost ;) I love that she and Heidi got scooters, and taught me how to ride them! Well ...significantly past my bedtime, so until next time!

7 comments:

Jamie said...

Looks like you had a fun time while home! Now back to the daily grind right?

BTW fresh Salmon from Seattle cannot be beat. It ruined me. I can't eat it from anywhere here. So yummy. Can't wait till I can get back up there to eat some more.. yum yum.

How much longer are you going to be in Seattle?-- I'll prob be visiting my bro sometime in the next couple months-- we should get together when I come up. :D

jill said...

i love eating dinner with your family too. And seeing heidi ride a scooter would be one of the more entertaining things ever. What color did she get?? I am going to take a wild guess that it isn't pink. :)

Mindy said...

Ohhh, yay for being back in Logan with your family!

Jenny said...

You do have a pretty cool family! And don't worry there are lots of us addicted to blogs and Facebook. I often wonder the same thing about why I can't seem to stop even when I'm totally exhausted. They need an AA for us.

Kristy said...

This makes me miss your family so much!! Thanks for the phone call. Sorry I could not answer. Things are going well now we are just waiting for the boys to get a little bigger hopefully. I'll call you this weekend.

Anonymous said...

You know, I was just asking my wife last night what people do who aren't addicted to their computers and internet. I don't really remember.

Amy F. said...

Hi Toni! I know this might seem totally random, but I came across your blog (you know how that goes) and I have to tell you... I LOVED reading your posts (the last three anyway)! You are such a good writer, and I think you are putting the thoughts of a lot of people into words. You should really get paid to write ;)! So, if you don't mind I think I'm going to keep reading and checking in your awesome blog!
Amy Hansen (now Amy Fetter ;)