Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Loss

Goodbye may seem forever, farewell is like the end. But in my heart's a memory, and there you'll always be. (Disney's Fox and the Hound) I didn't know you as well as some. I had known you for such a short time. In that short year, you made such an impact in my life. You made a very difficult transition for me a little easier. Your vibrant smile, infectious laugh, radiant attitude, and that kindred mischievous glint in your eye. Our ER family lost a beloved member and gained another sassy angel to watch over us --and maybe laugh at us a bit. So in your honor my dear Kelly, I'll share this reminder with my little corner of the world; One of my favorite quotes from Mark Twain that hangs in my living room. And I'll add my two cents: Don't let a single moment pass you by in waste. Never let one single opportunity pass you by to tell the people in your life how grateful you are for them --even in the smallest of ways.




No comments: