Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A Memoir

Today I lost a mentor and a friend; The woman who was my second mother through my teenage years, who loved me and helped teach me how to love others. When nursing school was a dream for me she answered all my questions and cheered me through the realization of my dream. She put up with my and my best friend's medical terminology quizzing, and didn't even seem to mind. She was a great influence on that nice kind sweet gentle person I used to be, that's still inside me somewhere.  And now she's in a better place, free of pain, and of the torture that pained her these last few months. Peace and blessings to her sweet and amazing family. She will be greatly missed.
As I walked into work today, I couldn't help but think that the clouds were dark in mourning, but they parted to welcome her home, and for her to be able to watch over us still. I'm so grateful for the knowledge I have that families are forever.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Sweet, Toni. My heart has been aching for Patty too.