Thursday, January 13, 2011

Regarding...

The post office: I still don't like you. I picked up a sheet of stamps at Fred Meyer today, so I hope to avoid you for quite some time. Also, I had to go to Target today to buy some paper to write letters on because the only paper I have in my house is sticky-notes. Which is fine, but an entire letter on sticky notes might get a bit tedious, and I don't want to run the risk of having to visit you to make sure that the envelope is not to thick to send with the damn stamps I already have. Not that it's your fault that I had to go buy paper, but I thought you should know how much effort I'm putting in to send stuff through you.

The weather: Turns out we got a solid couple inches of the heaviest, wettest snow I've ever seen the other night. And it was all gone after about an hour because it's been raining since then. Also best product ever? Rain-X. Especially if you live here in Seattle. It's a great little liquid that you add to your windshield wiper fluid and it makes all the rain water bead up and run right off your windshield! Great stuff. Thanks dad!!!

Books: The Art of Racing In the Rain, excellent book. Read it in just over a day. Couldn't put it down. Finished it at a slow minute at work ...shed tears of happiness ...at the nurses station ...over the book, not the dying people surrounding me. Eat, Pray, Love: Excellent book. Life changing. Like reading thoughts from my own brain. Like therapy. The movie was awful, but already read the book twice. Love it. Kite Runner: Well written, gripping and intriguing, but I have never been so personally hurt and offended by a main character in a book before. I mean there's always people who do really crappy things and are just terrible people, but they're usually not the 'hero' main character of the story. I find myself actually wanting this kid to be tortured. Like really tortured. Like I am glad when he gets sick etc.

Traffic: I don't understand why entire lines of cars wait for several minutes in line to get on the freeway. I'm glad they do, don't get me wrong, because traffic would be terrible if they didn't, but I can't make myself wait my turn when the whole stupid carpool lane is open, free, and clear. One day this may come up to bite me, but I'll deal with it then. A ticket for inappropriate use of the carpool lane is well worth my sanity of not having to deal with traffic.

Doom and Gloom: aka the sunless winter here in the pac nw. I have conquered you with my happy light. Yes folks I actually own a product called a happy light. And it's made the biggest difference in my life. Seriously. It's a small portable little box that emits the brightest white light. Just turning on immediately lifts and brightens my mood. I sit by it for at least 30 minutes in the morning while I'm playing on the computer, or bring it in the bathroom while I'm getting ready, they I read by it for at least 30 minutes every evening. You would not believe what a difference it makes!!! AMAZING!!!

...I think that's all for today. Oh, and I like golden oreos :)

Ooh! I almost forgot! Regarding technology: I now have a printer that is smarter than I am. Took me a good half an hour to set the darn thing up today. And I'm not exactly computer illiterate. Also, it occasionally baffles my mind how much cell phones can do. I mean, think about it. My cell phone is also my phone book, computer, calculator, clock, gps, tv, entertainment station, alarm clock, photo book, camera, books, bank account, movie renter, etc. And I used it the other week as my boarding pass. And it fits in my little back pocket. Crazy.

No comments: