Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Tada!

So this is what comes of me being too bored. I'm sitting here in my apartment in Seattle, and it's raining ...which is great. I love the rain. Really. The thing is, I've had the last three days off work, and most of my work friends have not. So, I've read two entire books (that I've already read twice) ran 24 miles on the treadmill, watched so much SportsCenter I could quote it, scrapbooked until all remaining creativity dissappeared, checked all my email accounts, read every update available on the Yankees, and spent hours on facebook. Oh, and during the few hours of sunshine yesterday I walked all over downtown Seattle and Pioneer Square. Essentially, I've ran out of things to do inside, and it's to wet to do anything outside. So I've been inspired by all my great blogging friends, (and a little by all the boredom :) ) to start my own blog. I actually had a recent conversation with one of them about how I didn't feel the world was ready for another websited dedicated entirely to me :) I'll try to keep it updatedfairly often.

For those of you who I havent' talked to in a while, I suppose I'll give you the rundown. I'm currently in Seattle working as an RN in an Emergency Room. I'm a travel nurse, which essentially means I get paid to live on vacation. I tell the company I work for where I want to go, and they find me a job and an apartment, and then bankroll the whole project :) I contract with each hospital for 13 weeks, and have the option to extend my contract if I choose. I absolutely love it! So far I've been to Long Island NY, Orange County CA, and now Seattle WA. Don't ask me to pick a favorite, I've loved them all!

So, the title. I pondered for an unbelieveable amount of time over what to title my blog! I wanted something that reflected me. I love things that sparkle, shine, smell nice, and feel good ...and I love trauma! The more blood and guts and spouting chest wounds the better! Intereting dichotomy, I know :) For all the sparkly shiny stuff, I'm really not a pink frilly person, I like to keep it real. I love all things Yankees, Ocean, and Sunshine, and now I have to go! Dinner plans on the pier ...did I mention I love Seattle?!

3 comments:

Kristy said...

I love it!! It will be so fun to see pictures of all your adventures. Do you mind if I add you to our list of blogs to check out? We can't wait to see you in April.

Unknown said...

Of course I don't mind!

Jenny said...

I'm glad you decided to dedicate one more website to yourself! It lets me add one more friend to my blog list so I don't look like a loser with no friends. Glad to hear you are having a ball traveling the world.